Monday, March 03, 2008

Stamps and Memories


This time about three years ago my mom and I were planning a wedding shower for Amy and Matt. I bought the invitations and mom purchased the pretty postage and mailed it to me so I could send the invites. A couple of weeks later we decided to postpone the shower a little until Amy felt better. It's so strange that such a small thing as a stamp can spark such a flood of emotions and memories. Those two 'books' of stamps followed us from our apartment in McKinney, to living in Ken & Debbe's guest house, to our home in Frisco where they have sat under my bathroom vanity sink for the past 2 years. A couple of months ago I put them in a place with the rest of our stamps for personal use, knowing that I could probably never bring myself to actually use them. Today as I was addressing and putting stamps on Rémy's birth announcements I ran out of regular stamps. I thought about going out and buying more, but then on second thought realized- what could be a better way to use those stamps than on Rémy's birth announcements. Such small ways that such a large life made an impact. In a couple of days you'll probably be receiving an announcement in the mail from us...not all of them have 'Amy's' stamps, but if you would just take a minute and remember her family and friends this month, as this time of year is always difficult. For those of you who don't know Amy or want to know more about her life you can read more at her brother Jonathan's website. And also read what her sister Kara says about Amy's life.

1 comment:

Jonathan Blundell said...

Thanks Dollye. I can't believe it's been three years already. How time flies and things change. I know Amy would have been thrilled to get to know Walker better like we all have - to get to meet Remy and to watch God work in all of your lives.
Thanks for the input and story.

Love yall!