Monday, February 25, 2008

"In Red Chair" series



We're taking a photo on the 21st of each month of Rémy in this little red chair. Here's this month's photo...compare to last month's photo. She is able to hold her head up a little more steadily and can straighten her back. She weighs 10.2 pounds and had her shots on Wednesday. She was not herself for a good 4 days after the shots. Anyone have any information or valuable websites on mercury free vaccinations or not getting so many shots at once? I feel like her body was overwhelmed with 4 shots. It is possible to ask our doctor to do one shot at a time, but we would have to pay the copay each time we go...costing 4 times as much. There seems to be much controversy over giving children shots on a schedule...does it cause Autism? does it cause m.s.? A good friend of the family has a one year old set of twin boys...she feels the shots were fine with one of them, with the other he became non-responsive, has intestinal problems and cannot walk and the mother feels all of these things can be attributed back to getting vaccinated.

There's so many things to consider about the health and welfare of our child that doctors just tell us to do, but that may not necessarily be in the child's best interest. I'm also finding it very difficult to discern the facts.

3 comments:

Jonathan Blundell said...

hey there's no photos :-(

EShepherd said...

Hey...Love the Red Chair series...cute! Um, I found a website for you to checkout here it is. In my opinion, I say the vaccinations are the key to prevention in health and wellness. There are always new ones coming out now days too.
www.parents.com
If you want to go to the part about the vaccinations....click on BABIES at the top of the screen...then....under "in this area" click on Newborn Care and then you will see Vaccinations down in the list. :0)You will see a lot of the questions that were asking and much more, I think this may be the web site from the Parent magazine if I am not mistaken? Anyway...have fun...has lots if info. I was going to tell you that I meet once a week with a dr. for case review and if you ever want me to present something to her, just let me know and I would be glad to. Ok, there is probably a word limit here...gotta go. love E

EShepherd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.