Thursday, February 04, 2010

Explaining Family Ties

Here is a tidbit of a family conversation we had on the way home today.

Daddy: And this is our Mama...

Rémy: She's you're mama?

Daddy: Um, no. She's you're mama. My mama is Grammy.

Rémy: Your mama is Grammy?

Daddy: Yes

Rémy: Oh, ok.

Mama: Your mama has a mama too. Do you know who mama's mama is?

Rémy: (looks utterly confused but very interested)

Mama: Nana is my mama.

Rémy: Nana is your mama?

Mama: Yes, Nana is my mama.

Rémy: And Uncle Tony is your mama?

Mama: Uncle Tony is mama's brother. Just like Ben is your brother. Uncle Tony is my brother.

Rémy: (looks out window)

Mama: Uncle JP and Uncle George are my brothers too. And guess what? Aunt Annie is mama's sister.

Rémy: Aint Aynnie is your seester?

The conversation continued this way until she lost interest or became utterly confused. I remember trying to piece together family ties and figure out who belongs to whom and which is what. It was fun trying to explain it all, however, in the end I think we're back at square one.

1 comment:

Aunt Annie said...

HAHA!Thats funny!!Yeah I'm sure she will ask again and again.Shes so darn cute!