Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduation!

What a fantastic day! To see a goal come to fruition after working toward it for so long truly makes my heart content. Although, I'm not sure it was actually me that graduated. I walked across the stage, of course, but someone named Doyle Magdalena Plaggay is the one who took the credit. I kind of had a feeling this would happen, even after submitting a phonetic pronunciation card and personally speaking with the name announcer about how to pronounce it correctly.

It was interesting to meet some of the people in the same degree plan as me. The last two semesters of classes have been online, so I recognize a lot of the same names but finally put faces with names at the ceremony.

Thanks to all of you who were able to come and be a part of this special day! We intended to go to a park and play and have lunch, but because of the rainy weather ended up taking over a Subway restaurant (where we had ordered the food for the park)!

The job hunt continues. I have applied to over 30 schools and have personally introduced myself to 8 of those schools. I'm hoping once the school year comes to a close I'll start hearing from some of them and landing some interviews.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Please let me know as soon as you hear something...