Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Blueberry Scones

Oh.Man.

Walker likes to try his hand at making impossible things from scratch. Noodles and Challah bread are a couple of things I've chronicled here before. These are things that he asks me to make. He asks once, twice, every day for a month, until he realizes I'm not going to make it. Some things are just too complicated and take too many steps in the process that aren't really worth the payoff to me. For instance, I would rationalize, "Why make noodles when I can buy perfectly tasty noodles for $2.00?"

Today it's scones. Walker has been asking for over a year for me to make scones. Granted, we have had a few things going on over the past year, and to my credit, I did read through a few scone recipes with every intention of making them at some point in time.


Walker found a recipe and went with it and we have adapted it a couple of times since to make different types. These last for a few days and make a great breakfast food or tea time snack. He makes it look easy that I may have to break down and do it.

Here's the handy link for the recipe so that you can get to making your own and invite me over for tea! Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze

No comments: