Monday, June 22, 2009

Oliver & Marie finally get married



I have a few things I could say about Oliver and Marie. I'll sum it up in a few paragraphs instead. I met Oliver and Marie in junior high. Marie and I were on the tennis team together. I was second, she was third, so she was always challenging me for second position...and beat me on several occasions!

Oliver was one of the school photographers for yearbook so he would photograph the teams. I then went on to high school with Oliver, having a few classes together. He and Marie started dating late in high school. They continued dating after Marie graduated in 2001, but her family moved 150 miles away. For the last EIGHT years Oliver has made the trek to visit Marie and her family every other weekend. As the best man pointed out, this is 300 miles round trip, 62,400 miles over the last 8 years. He has gone around the world 2.5 times for Marie!



When I moved to UNT Oliver was the only person I knew. He introduced me to Walker, so that Walker could show me around. And it's all mushy love stuff from there. We owe it all to this guy. We were soooooo honored to see this special couple be married.

We really treasured the time catching up with old friends.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Dollye, You look beautiful!!! We need to get together soon.