Monday, June 22, 2009

Bad Mother In Red Chair

Oh Man. I totally just realized that I posted the wrong child's red chair picture. Ben's isn't for a couple of more days. Whoops. Walker and I were just talking yesterday about how the dates get to run together after a while and it becomes more difficult to remember. So I rushed together and grabbed Rémy after nap time to play 'dress up' for the red chair! ;) At least it wasn't the other way around, that way Ben can't play the 'I'm the second child and you always forget about me' card later in life.

Here's our little 18 months old! Her hair gets more curly and crazy every day! She keeps me on my toes as far as learning goes. From the minute she wakes to the minute she crashes at night it's, 'What's this, what's that?" She wants to know, she wants to find, she wants to keep going until she figures out all the answers to her questions. Her new favorite past time is reading to herself. She pulls out every books she owns (which is too many since I work for HPB and feel like I should get her every book she'll need until she's in third grade) and sits in her chair and babbles, occasionally saying a familiar word. She has really blossomed with the sign language, I think she knows approximately 30 or more signs. Many of these she can also say the word, but for the words she can't yet pronounce, this really comes in handy to know what she means. She has started imitating someone's laugh. Not sure who it is. She throws her head back and scrunchces her nose and lets out a 'fake' laugh. She has also become the 'bobo' detector and the 'burp' detector. In fact, if you are a new mom in need of either of these services, she will let you know if your baby has a stinky diaper or needs a wipe to clean up spit up, all for a very nominal fee.

3 comments:

Mr. P said...

Uh-huh... I think you should apologize to your husband for calling him a bad father for not getting the dates right for Ben's b-day.

I accept phone calls, e-mails, and face-to-face. :P

DollyeP said...

Aw, my love. So many dates to remember in the twenties. 21, 23, 24, 28...whew. It's a brain workout.

Maybe we need to inscribe our kids b-days on our wedding rings along with the date of our anniversary. That might help the situation.

Mr. P said...

28th? What day is that? I'm going to have to set my Google Calender up to keep up with this...