Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Black Friday


The biggest day in any retail store for sales is usually the day after Thanksgiving every year. I love working this day. There are so many customers the day just flies by. We usually decorate the store, start the Christmas music, sell loads of Christmas cards and calendars. And while it's not exactly ideal to roll myself out of bed to go to work after stuffing myself on turkey and other goodies the day before, the only thing I really miss out on is the leftovers and the shopping.

This year, retailers will be convincing consumers more than ever to spend their hard earned money with their store. I'm more excited than ever to work Black Friday this year. We've decided to open 2 hours early, instead of 9:00 am we'll open at 7:00 am at an extra 20% off of half price or less! AND the first 100 customers get a free tote bag and $5 gift card. One of those lucky 100 customers at each store will win a $200 gift card. That's reason enough to roll yourself out of bed, put some coffee in your veins and camp out at the Half Price Books parking lot until the open sign illuminates the darkness. Find the location nearest you...at the Half Price Books website.

You know I'm only telling you this because I don't want to be the only one up at the crack of dawn on the day after Thanksgiving!! And who wants to pay retail prices on anything??

No comments: