Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Curry Recipe


Coconut Curry with Fennel

½ bulb fennel, shredded
1 green bell pepper
Sautee in olive oil for a few minutes then add 1 ½ tb of red curry paste, 1 can coconut milk, 1 tb curry powder, ¼ c. chopped almonds, 2 squirts of honey, chicken of choice, dash of pepper

We have curry about once a week. I usually change it up, adapting and adding things. Last night I used fennel instead of onion and it really added to the sweetness of the dish. I was worried that the licorice flavor of the fennel would interfere, but I think the sautéing it with the bell pepper took away a lot of that flavor while enhancing the sweet factor. This is a great family friendly recipe although, I would like to try a spicier version of Curry for adults…just not sure what kind of chilies to add.

No comments: