Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fishing

I just love having a sister. Especially a single sister that I can hear all about her dating life or perspective dating life...the following conversation was told to me twice...once by a phone call from mom and then five minutes later in a separate phone call from my sister. Also, I've been hearing for a couple of months about how Annie wishes this guy would get up the nerve and ask her out. From what I hear he is a shy, 6'6" engineer for the building she works in. Regardless of whether or not they actually go on a date I thought this story was hilarious....and Annie, I figured you would tell this story yourself if you had your own blog. :-)


Setting: Elevator

Tall Engineer: Do you fish?

Annie: No.

Tall Engineer: Do you like to fish?

Annie: No.

Tall Engineer: Why don't you like to fish?

Annie: It's boring.

Moment of awkward silence passes

Tall Engineer: So when are we going?

Annie: Well, I'm busy this weekend, but maybe next weekend.


Oh, and Annie--I hope you do go on a fishing date, maybe you'll decide you like it after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha!! Yeah I am trying to talk myself into fishing...he is absolutely cute though!!! Well worth the boring fishing trip. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I just want everyone to notice that my mom called Dollye first!!! My mom must have been like so excited that I might have a date that she had to ruin the surprise!!! To my one sister, that I was looking forward to calling and telling about this hansome fella. I love my family!!!

DollyeP said...

Yeah, and I want everyone to notice that you called Mom first...I mean, come on....does she have to be the first to know everything??? :) Looks like it's going to be too cold to go this weekend though.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I swear the next time anything interesting happens involving me and my fishing man, you will be the first to know. Sorry mom. And any other random guy for that matter. You never know when I might meet my prince...or hill-billy :)