Monday, January 05, 2009

Baby Ben Progress


I forgot about posting these from the beginning of December...so here they are! Most of what you can see is his profile, he's already pretty filled out so it's hard to get a good shot. The third down is an arm and his face.

This pregnancy is progressing a whole lot faster than Rémy did. Rémy was a few days late and I really didn't have many contractions until the week before I delivered her. This time around I've been having Braxton Hicks for about 2 months and last week started having real contractions about every 20 minutes. I went in for a visit on Friday and the Dr. moved the due date up by two weeks to February 20. SIX WEEKS AWAY. Whoa. We also got to have a sonogram and she measured and said he is big for his age...about 4 pounds already and that he has a honkin' noggin.

We made quite a bit of progress this weekend clearing out boxes, clothes, keyboard, office supplies, guest bed, board games, etc. from what is this little big guy's room. Walker did a concept sketch for me yesterday of what he'd like the mural to look like and he plans to start on that this week. Debbe has helped me quite a bit with the decopaging of the furniture and it looks like exactly what I pictured in my head. The changing table is finished, the dresser is complete, the bed is half way finished. I plan to finish packing our bags today, just in case we get caught somewhere and have to go to the hospital. We're definitely feeling a little more pressure to accomplish things before he's born, but a little fire under my belly always helps me get more motivated.

Rémy's waking from a nap...more to come later.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Wow! I can't believe you are so close to having another baby! I haven't even seen you since you've been pregnant!
You need to post some pictures of all your hard work on his furniture! It sounds really neat.