Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What's in the Basket? July

I noticed an idea on another person's blog that I'd like to implement. A Slice of Cherry Pie has an ingredient of the month and asks readers to post recipes/pictures of how they used that ingredient. I'm always looking for new and better ideas for recipes, so this is really fantastic for me, but also for you because you get to be surprised every month by what the ingredient could be. I will try to choose items that are in season and available locally.


It would be nice if you could post the recipe and pictures on your blog and then post a link to your blog in the comments for us to view. Or if you don't have a blog or would prefer not to do that, you can email me your recipe and pictures and I'll post 'em.


So, without further ado, July's "What's in the Basket?" is ONIONS.


Now, I know not everyone out there is a fan of onions. (Tony) However, there are months ahead that I'm sure you'll find an ingredient that fancies your tastebuds.


These are some beauties that Ken and Debbe shared with us from their garden. I plan to perfect my recipe for onion rings with these babies.


You have until the end of the month, in this case, July 31 to post or email your best and most loved recipes including ONIONS. Have fun thinking up ways to use onions!

No comments: