Tuesday, September 11, 2007

School Starts



Whew. It's good to be back.

After two weeks in school, one crazy and frenzied, the other enjoyable and familiar here I am at the third week already having to miss a day of school. It's a bummer to have to miss class for several reasons: I like school and learning, I miss the instruction when I'm not there, and usually professors offer incentives for those who don't miss class. I have a feeling I'll be missing a lot of classes this semester for unforseen reasons, I just hope my grades and gpa won't have to suffer. Plus laying at home in bed for the past day and a half gets to be very boring, I just hope I'm feeling better by Thursday's classes.

I'm taking Math II (teaching math to elementary schoolers), Biol (again teaching biology to elementary schoolers), Geography, and a class for learning to teach exceptional learners. Both the geography and biology have labs and take up quite a bit of time. Exceptional learners is online and I feel this one will be most neglected because I keep telling myself "oh I'll just do the work for that one in my free time" (yeah right) So I'm sitting on 14 hours for the semester and still working and loving every bit of it.

One great thing about the start of this semester is my new set of dependable wheels! I am now the proud owner of a Mazda Tribute! Fully loaded and with a sunroof! I just love it and I love being 6 months pregnant and not having to worry about my car breaking down on the way to or from Denton. (I had at least 3 incidents last semester-all in the flooding). Walker loves the new wheels too and now instead of debating who HAS to drive it's a fight for who grabs the keys first and GETS to drive!

No comments: